EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE:
Employment Consultant (please click on link below for job description and details):
Marion and Levy County High School High Tech Program Coordinator
The Marion County and Levy County High School High Tech (HSHT) Program Coordinator will work from the CILNCF’s satellite office in Ocala. The position is intended to provide services to 30 high school students with disabilities attending partnering schools within the Marion and Levy County School Districts.
MAJOR JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Coordinate the HSHT program at assigned schools and serve 30 students.
- Screen and refer HSHT program participants to appropriate CILNCF staff to ensure delivery of the Five Core Services to program participants.
- Record and track consumer data to establish consumer needs, priorities and goals.
- Coordinate services with other providers at the request of the consumer and/or in response to the needs of the HSHT Program and/or Center.
- Participate in team planning, training and evaluation activities.
- Attend community committee meetings, as assigned, and represent the interests of the Center and the HSHT Program.
- Serve as an advocate within the community to bring about positive change for youth with disabilities enrolled in the HSHT Program.
- Ensure that consumer files are maintained by keeping all information current and documented as to reflect the progress of the Independent Living Plan, including consumer logs, notes, goals, Releases, etc.
- Provide the required reports and statistics in a timely fashion.
- Enlist appropriate local businesses and community partners for the program.
- Ensure consistent teacher and administrative staff contact at the participating schools.
- Plan and organize program activities and inform all participants of scheduled activities.
- Coordinate community resources/businesses to be involved in program activities.
- Network within community to identify appropriate career experiences, as required by The Able Trust.
- Maintain professional contact with team players (including school board, schools, teachers, students, local businesses).
- Attend IEP meetings of each student consumer.
- Plan HSHT Year-End event.
- Participate in all scheduled workshops, fieldtrips, career shadowing days, etc.
- Receive supervision and feedback in a professional manner.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- A knowledge and ability for developing appropriate content for program related classes, workshops and activities.
- Ability to initiate and facilitate activities and projects appropriate for program goals and to work independently towards the completion of such goals.
- Demonstrated computer skills.
- Ability to work together with other staff in a manner that fosters, supports and facilitates a cohesive team unit.
- Ability to work with consumers on a cross-disability basis.
- Awareness of community resources and larger systems serving people with disabilities.
- Bachelors Degree in related field. Four (4) years work experience with programs serving people with disabilities may be substituted for the educational requirement.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and resume using one of the following methods:
Attn: Human Resources
Center for Independent Living
222 SW 36th Terrace
Gainesville, FL 32607
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Please note: The CILNCF provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. If you need reasonable accommodations for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the Human Resources Administrator at (352) 378-7474 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
CILNCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. Persons with disabilities, veterans, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.