Hurricane Season is officially here and runs from June 1st – November 30th. Please take advantage of the 2018 Sales Tax Holiday from June 1st – 7th for any needed hurricane supplies!
For more information on the Florida Division of Emergency Management and the GET A PLAN Program, visit www.FloridaDisaster.org.
Some of the specific items in the Sales Tax Holiday includes:
- A portable self-powered light source selling for $20 or less
- A portable self-power radio, two-way radio, or weather band radio selling for $50 or less
- A tarpaulin or other flexible waterproof sheeting selling for $50 or less
- A self-contained first-aid kit selling for $30 or less
- A ground anchor system or tie-down kit selling for $50 or less
- A gas or diesel fuel tank selling for $25 or less
- A package of AA-cell, C-cell, D-cell, 6-Volt or 9-Volt batteries, excluding automobile and boat batteries, selling for $30 or less
- A nonelectric food storage cooler selling for $30 or less
- A portable generator that is used to provide light or communications or preserve food in the event of a power outage selling for $750 or less