Please join us for our Open House on June 1st from 10am to 3pm.
During the Open House, the Center for Independent Living will be hosting an Emergency Preparedness Workshop. Stop by and learn about our various programs serving people with disAbilities!
Other Open House activities will include an AWESOME RAFFLE of a prize basket valued near $3,000 worth of restaurant certificates and local business gifts. We will have hurricane trivia and door prizes.
Lunch will be provided and free emergency kits will be given away.
- Chip Wilson, Statewide Disability Coordinator, Division of Emergency Management
- David Donnelly, Emergency Management Director for Alachua County, Department of Public Safety
- Paul Myers, Assistant Director, Alachua County Health Department
- Jeremy Gallman, Director of Safety/Security/Emergency Preparedness, North Florida Regional Medical Center
Additionally, Al Sandrik, Warning Coordination Meteorologist from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), of the National Weather Service in Jacksonville, will give a presentation during lunch.
The afternoon “Open House” activities will display all of our programs and guests will have the opportunity to meet staff, win door prizes and for the first 150 attendees with disabilities, receive a free Emergency Kit packed with:
- Green canvas duffle bag with zippered compartments
- Emergency Mylar blanket
- PVC “Easy Tear” duct tape, 2″ x 10 yards
- First Aid Kit, 33 pieces
- Flashlight w/ 2 D cells
- Piece Multi Tool knife
- Leather work gloves w/safety cuff
- Light stick, 2 piece
- Rain poncho
- 6 Water packets, USCG approved
- Signaling whistle
- Handy pouch kit comes with toothpaste, toothbrush, comb, soap, shave gel, razor, tissue and shampoo
- Radio/Siren Combo